Latest update expands exploration and World Map gameplay features, available to all Early Access players
STOCKHOLM — October 22, 2020 – Paradox Interactive and Iceflake Studios announced today that post-apocalyptic survival colony builder, Surviving the Aftermath, is now available on Steam Early Access for a suggested retail price of $24.99 USD / £21.99 GBP / €24.99 Euro. Players who own Surviving Mars, the first title in Paradox’s Surviving franchise, can purchase Surviving the Aftermath at a 10% discount for a suggested retail price of $22.49 USD / £19.79 GBP / €22.49 Euro. Surviving the Aftermath also received Update 11: Quests, a free content update for all platforms that encourages players to explore the world outside their colony for additional resources.
Watch the Steam Early Access launch trailer here: https://youtu.be/MshG6_Z_Ako
After a year in Early Access on the Epic Games Store and Xbox Game Preview, Paradox and Iceflake have worked alongside the community to develop 10 major content updates, enhancing Surviving the Aftermath’s gameplay mechanics. With Update 11: Quests, players send specialists out into the world beyond their colony to complete missions and earn rewards. Players will make choices while completing quests, with each decision having an impact on the mission’s ending.
Check out the Update 11: Quests trailer here: https://youtu.be/rZa__YHq3gM
Update 11: Quests Key Features:
- Branching Questlines: Quests incentivize players to leave the comfort of their colony and explore the World Map. Specialists can complete a series of chained events that create unique storylines. Missions often present options to players, leading to branching narratives and giving weight to your choices.
- A Whole New World: Segments on the World Map are now larger with more points of interest. Actions like Scouting, Scavenging, and location Hazards have been adjusted to optimize Action Points and use Specialists more efficiently.
- Throwin’ Hands: The Combat system has been updated, adding more depth to interaction with hostels on the World Map. Bandits now regenerate health and have increased damage, making them a greater challenge for Specialists. This is the first of many improvements, more to come so stay tuned!
- Essential Management: Players can now filter, display, and highlight essential information about the colony and its surroundings. Overlay modes include Building Health, Buildings, Water, Energy, Living Entities and Pollution.
- A Little Somethin Extra: Update 11 also includes improvements to the tech tree, colonist info panel, scavenge info panels and a bunch of other improvements requested by players.
Players can download Surviving the Aftermath on Steam here: https://store.steampowered.com/app/684450/Surviving_the_Aftermath/
“Our community has been the biggest contributor to Surviving the Aftermath’s growth during the year we have been in Early Access. Since our launch at PDX CON last year, we’ve worked alongside our players to release 11 major content updates, each introducing new mechanics or features to the game.” says Lasse Liljedahl, Game Director for Surviving the Aftermath. “With Steam Early Access we will continue to co-develop the game alongside our players as we work together to build the best survival management game possible.”
Surviving the Aftermath’s Key Features:
- No Place Like Home – Build and manage a colony of survivors after a world-ending event. Construct more than 61 unique buildings to handle everything from resource collection and farming to exploration and security.
- Surviving Earth – Explore a vast procedurally generated world featuring six different biomes filled with resources, wildlife, rival societies and more. Each environment has different conditions that affect your colony’s survival. Stay vigilant: Natural disasters, dangerous animals, and bandits will put your survivors to the test.
- Survival is my Specialty – Recruit over 80 unique Specialists, each with their own skills and motivations, to manage your colony’s resources and production. Send them beyond the Gate on scientific missions, scavenger runs, and to fight bandits.
- Expect the Unexpected – Life in the aftermath requires you to make moral choices. You may not be able to control everything in your colony, but how you respond to situations and emergent events will shape the character of your new civilization.
- Reputation Management – Every decision can have dire consequences on your colony’s survival. Your reputation with other societies will affect your ability to trade and can even affect your relationship with their leaders. Colonists have a mind of their own and will react to your choices.
- Defend the Gate – Fortify your gates and protect your colony from rampaging animals and deadly bandits. Enemies who breach the gate will pour into your colony, wreaking havoc on everything in their wake. Take command of your specialists and drive the invaders back.
Surviving the Aftermath launched into Early Access on the Epic Games Store and Xbox Game Preview during PDXCON last October. Since launch, Iceflake and Paradox have incorporated player feedback into 10 major content updates, introducing features like enhanced combat, expanded world traversal, rampaging wildlife, and much more. To see all the content added to Surviving the Aftermath since Early Access launch, check out the game’s roadmap.
Surviving the Aftermath will leave Early Access and officially launch in early 2021 on Steam, Epic Games Store, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4.
For more information on Surviving the Aftermath, Paradox and Iceflake, visit www.survivingtheaftermath.com.
For additional information, please contact:
Ebba Ljungerud, CEO Paradox Interactive
Alexander Bricca, CFO Paradox Interactive
Phone: +4670-355 54 18