Prison Architect’s free expansion, Cleared for Transfer, launches on PC today
STOCKHOLM — May 14, 2020 – Paradox Interactive and Double Eleven today revealed Prison Architect: Island Bound, the next expansion for the popular prison management simulator, Prison Architect. The Island Bound expansion will launch June 11, 2020 on PC and consoles.
Check out the announcement trailer for Prison Architect: Island Bound: https://youtu.be/Vl_sFItLFsA
The Island Bound expansion integrates seamlessly with Prison Architect’s existing gameplay, expanding it further with more buildings, security options, construction opportunities, and prison customization. Players will be able to create island compounds without needing an access road.
Island Bound’s Key Features:
- Sea and Air: Upgrade your prison’s logistics with a variety of ferry and helicopter transport options that deliver supplies and inmates directly to docking areas around your compound. But be aware, there are now more access points to sneak contraband into the prison.
- Chain Link Up: Maximize your prison’s efficiency by linking docks, helipads, and roads to specific deliveries. You can even toggle what services are available to each delivery point within your compound.
- Supermax Security: New security objects make it easier to search deliveries and prisoners as they enter the prison, or at key security checkpoints. Additional emergency services can be called when things get out of hand, including Air Firefighters, Elite Ops Teams, and Air Paramedics.
- Island Life: Customize your Island or Connected Island Plot with over fifteen nautical tiles and objects. Shape the land around your compound with moats, rivers, and lakes for security, or for style — no access roads needed!
- The Rock: Manage the world’s most famous prison with two premade maps: Alcatraz Prison and Alcatraz Island.
“We originally teased Island Bound at PDXCON last year and our players have been speculating about what we’ve been creating ever since. Island Bound is our first all-original, full-fledged, content expansion for Prison Architect since Paradox purchased the IP in 2019,” Steacy McIlwham, Product Manager for Prison Architect at Paradox Interactive, said. “We are happy to bring Island Bound to all of Prison Architect’s players on PC and console — a first in Prison Architect history.”
Paradox also announced Cleared for Transfer, a free expansion for Prison Architect, is now available for download on PC. Cleared for Transfer introduces security sectors to create a more complex management experience. Now players can reward good behavior and motivate inmate reform with special privileges, providing greater control over the compound. Launching alongside Cleared for Transfer is The Bucket, a free content update that adds over twenty new items players can use to customize their prison.
Players can download the Cleared for Transfer expansion here: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1244780/Prison_Architect__Cleared_For_Transfer/
For more information on Cleared for Transfer, Island Bound, Prison Architect, and Paradox Interactive, visit www.prisonarchitect.com.
For additional information, please contact:
Ebba Ljungerud, CEO Paradox Interactive
Alexander Bricca, CFO Paradox Interactive
Phone: +4670-355 54 18