Abstraction takes over development of the survival colony builder, announces plans for new expansion coming later this year
STOCKHOLM – March 13, 2021 – Paradox Interactive announced today that development has resumed on Surviving Mars, the survival colony builder set on the Red Planet, under Abstraction. Additionally, the company revealed that Surviving Mars has surpassed 5 million players in the lifetime of the game across all platforms. To Celebrate the return to Mars, Paradox will launch an In-Dome Buildings Pack and a free Tourism Update available to all Surviving Mars players this Monday, March 15.
Check out the return to Surviving Mars trailer here: https://youtu.be/1ioVvRJAlyw
The Tourism Update is free for all Surviving Mars players and revamps tourists, introduces a RC Safari, adds buildings, and more. With this update, players can expect to see some of their most-requested tourism features, such as Holiday Experience rating rewards and consequences.
Tourism Update Key Features:
- Happy Holidays – Tourists will now rate their stay in your colony to determine their Holiday Experience Rating. That rating will determine what rewards, funds, and additional tourist applicants players will receive.
- Movin On Up – Hotels can be built after completing the Smart Homes research to increase tourist comfort and raise satisfaction. Players can also build a Low-G Amusement Park that adds a boost to each tourists’ Satisfaction stat.
- Rover Safaris – Set waypoints at places of interest and let tourists go sightseeing around your colony for increased satisfaction. Players can order an RC Safari from Earth, or build it on their own after completing the Rover Printing research project.
Developed in partnership with long-time community modder Silva, the In-Dome Buildings Pack continues Paradox’s commitment to supporting outstanding content creators in its community. This content creator pack introduces 8 buildings and a host of technical additions to expand housing and community options. The In-Dome Buildings Content Creator Pack can be purchased for a suggested retail price of $4.99 USD/€4.99 Eur/£3.99 GBP on Steam, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and other online retailers.
Check out the In-Dome Buildings Pack trailer here: https://youtu.be/whQI4rqWz0o
The In-Dome Buildings Pack Includes:
- Habitats for Humanity
- Smart Apartments (Habitats, Large)
- Seniors Residence (Habitats, Medium)
- Large Nursery (Habitats, Large)
- Dome Sweet Dome
- Medical Post (Dome Services, Small)
- Security Post (Dome Services, Small)
- Hospital (Dome Services, Large)
- TV Studio Workshop (Dome Services, Large)
- School Spire (Dome Spires, Spire)
“Since the launch of Surviving Mars: Green Planet, our players have been asking what’s next for Surviving Mars. The Tourism Update is just the beginning. The game is in good hands with Abstraction, they’re a team of veteran developers with years of experience making AAA titles and are passionate about Surviving Mars,” Magnus Lysell, Product Manager for Surviving Mars at Paradox Interactive, said. “We’re humbled by the overwhelming support for Surviving Mars. 5 million players is huge and we can’t wait to share what’s next with all of you soon!”
Paradox and Abstraction also revealed that a fully-featured Surviving Mars expansion is in the works and will launch sometime later in 2021.
The first game in Paradox’s Surviving franchise, Surviving Mars tasks players with building a colony capable of sustaining human life on the Red Planet’s surface. Surviving Mars is currently free-to-play on the Epic Games Store until March 18. Xbox is hosting a PDX Insider Promo sale today only, where players can get the Surviving Franchise bundle (Surviving Mars and Surviving the Aftermath) and the Surviving Mars Season Pass for 50% off retail price. Additionally, Xbox players can get the Surviving Mars Digital Deluxe Edition at a 70% discount during the PDX Insider promotion.