Heirs of Alexander DLC accompanied by Free Military Update
STOCKHOLM – 01 February 2021 – The career of Alexander III of Macedon was short and brilliant. In his decade-long war in Asia, Alexander’s fire burned a legend into the hearts of kings and conquerors who would follow. His death, however, meant civil war as comrade turned on comrade in an effort to claim the sacred mantle of the fallen king. Do you have what it takes to be the true Heir to Alexander’s legacy?
Paradox Development Studio and Paradox Thalassic are happy to announce Heirs of Alexander, a new Content Pack for Imperator: Rome. Focusing on the successor kingdoms to Alexander the Great’s empire, this Content Pack adds greater depth to playing out the grand ambitions of the Seleucid, Ptolemaic, Antigonid and Macedonian kingdoms.
The Heirs of Alexander content pack includes:
Unique Mission Trees: New special mission objectives for the Antigonid Empire in Anatolia, Seleucid Empire in Asia, Ptolemaic Empire in Egypt, Macedonia and Thrace.
- Shared Mission Tree: Diadochi-themed mission objectives available to all of the Successor Kingdoms.
- Wonder Designer: New tool that allows players to build their own custom monuments, adding bonuses to their location or to the entire empire.
- New Events: Various Historical Events based on the history and legacy of Alexander’s followers.
- New Deities: Regional gods and goddesses from the Hellenistic kingdoms.
- New Treasures: Distinctive artifacts from the Hellenistic kingdoms.
- New Music: Three new music tracks to inspire your Successor Kingdom.
Heirs of Alexander will be available at major online retailers on 16 February 2021 for the suggested retail price of $9.99/£7.19/€9.99.
This content pack will be accompanied by a major free update. The 2.0 ‘Marius’ update to Imperator: Rome is a significant reworking of the military system in the game, adding new features that transform war and army management.
Levies: Draft levies from your provinces to fight your wars. Their size and composition is based on the cultures and population types in the province.
- Legions: Advance your military technology to create standing, professional military forces to guard your empire. But beware of their cost and tendency to follow disloyal generals.
- Military Histories: Legions and Mercenary units have histories that will list their accomplishments over time, earning honors or penalties based on their legacies.
- Engineers: Special cohort to help with sieges, river crossings and road building.
- Changes to Inventions and Military Traditions: Radically overhauled invention system – unlock new abilities alongside old inventions, and shape your civilization like never before.
- Diadochi War Goals: New large scale conquests available to Hellenistic kingdoms to better model the ambitions of Successor rulers.
- UI Overhaul: Completely reworked interface to make options and decisions more intuitive.
- And much more: New unit models for levy and legion units, new port construction options, changes to forts and deities.
For additional information, please contact:
Ebba Ljungerud, CEO Paradox Interactive
Alexander Bricca, CFO Paradox Interactive
Phone: +4670-355 54 18